Restripe Route 66 left-turn pockets to improve vehicle operation and safety in East Hampton Commercial District; install ADA compliant pedestrian facilities to improve pedestrian mobility and safety; improve vehicular safety with driveway access modifications
- Lengthen the Route 66 eastbound left-turn pocket at McDonald’s to alleviate congestion issues
- Convert the access at Brooks Plaza to be entrance only at the eastern driveway and exit only at the western driveway to reduce vehicular conflicts
- Install a mid-block crosswalk and Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacon (RRFB) on Route 66 to the west of West Point Road (west junction).
- Infill sidewalk gaps and install concrete driveway apron along the north side of Route 66
- Install crosswalks on West Point Road (west junction & east junction)
- Town roadway construction permits for construction within Town right-of-way
- CTDOT approval and/or encroachment permit for construction within CTDOT right-of-way